Sunday, September 18, 2005

I need to follow my own rules...

It's been a nice weekend. Friday night we didn't do much. We hit Blockbuster and the playground in the evening after dinner. Then when little man went down for the night, Marc and I watched Guess Who. It was ok. Better than I expected. Obviously, Marc ended up not going to his uncles to go fishing.

However, Saturday he did get up and out super early and went fishing with a buddy here in town. So Andrew and I got up and picked up Kari and we went to the ballpark. Once a year they have a HUGE garage sale where people 'rent' parking spaces. It's huge. Which means it was also SUPER crowded. I was hoping to find some winter clothes for the kiddo and maybe some maternity clothes for me, but we totally struck out. We didn't get there until 11 and I guess people show up around 7. Plus, with it being so crowded and with a stroller, unless something caught our eye from the aisle, we really didn't go in and out of each lot. Plus there were a lot of 'vendors' there. I put a quote around the word 'cause I'm not sure it's the right word to use, since they weren't stores, but more like people who buy and sell thier own products and not really 'garage sale' stuff. Lot's of crafty items and flea market items and the like. AND, most of the kid clothes we did see were pink. You wouldn't believe the pink to blue ratio. All of the early comers must have been shopping for boys too.

Well, Saturday afternoon, Andrew and I took a LONG nap. It was nice. We cleaned the house a bit and then we met back up with the Dresslers for dinner and cards. The boys made fun of us all night for this and that and saying that pregnancy had sucked away our brains and whatnot.....AND YET....THE GIRLS WON! Best out of three in Euchre.

Then last night, I go to check on Andrew around 11:00 before I head to bed and remembered that I broke one of the most important rules of parenting a toddler. ALWAYS PUT SHORTS ON THE KID BEFORE HE GOES TO BED! I learned that this day. And I forgot to that night. So, I check on him and found his diaper half off and his little heiny sticking out. And well, as a mother, this is just too cute. So I have to call his father up to look at his little hieny, too. After we chuckle a bit at his little hieny, I go to refasten his diaper and realize that he is S.O.A.K.E.D. His shirt, his sheets, it's all soaked. Fortunatly, his "B" (his tag blanket which is his lovey) isn't. But we have to flip on the lights, strip him, strip the bed, wipe him down with cold wet wipes, change the mattress pad and sheets, put new clothes AND SHORTS on him, the whole nine yards. He wasn't a huge fan of this at first, but by the time it was done, he was wide awake (I mean after all, he just had a nice 3 hour nap) and ready to go. So Marc took him back downstairs with him and let him watch Elmo for a bit, then he got to lay in bed with us for a while (have I mentioned he thinks our bed is a jungle gym?) Yes, our child would not go back to sleep that night until 12:30...and even then I am not sure he slept, but that is when I put him back in his crib with the attitude of "sleep or not, you are staying in here". He didn't fuss anymore...so I slept.

Today, we hit church in the morning and had a guest speaker who spoke from Habakkuk and was awesome and really made you think about the whole Katrina deal. Read it and then you'll see. Then, Marc headed to a sports bar for lunch so he could watch the Viking's play (they don't show them here) and ended up coming home at halftime since they stunk so bad. Andrew and I, once again, took a nice afternoon nap. (One the joys of pregnancy...no guilt naps).

This evening, we packed up Andrew in the wagon and took him and Rocky to a field by our house to let them both run off some energy. We ended up having the Jessee's track us down there, so it was really nice to visit with them for the a while. We got around to telling them we were pregnant and they told us they were too and we are only about 3 weeks apart. Very exciting....except I can't borrow her maternity clothes like I did last time. :)

Well, I need to finish making a grocery list and work on the house a bit, since we are having some guys over tomorrow for pizza and football. Have a great week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...