Friday, September 16, 2005

Pootball

Well, little man surprised me this morning by sleeping until 9:00 and he went to bed right at his usual 8:30, too.  Marc must have wore him out last night.  They were playing "pootball" which is also Andrew's new favorite word that we hear all the time.  "pootball? pootball? pootball?"  So last night, Marc would tell Andrew to "go long" and Andrew would run toward the kitchen and Marc would throw the football to him (actually to his side since Andrew was never looking).  Andrew would pick it up and run it back to Marc where they would both yell "Touchdown" their arms would go up and then they would high five and 'bump'.  Yes, Marc taught Andrew to 'bump', where they both bump their closed fists together.  This went on for quiet a while. It was really cute. 
 
There was some excitement at work today.   As Andrew and I are on the shuttle bus getting driven in from the parking lot, we find out there is currently a real bomb threat going on.  I say real, since we were actually supposed to have a disaster drill' today, but that got pushed to the wayside, when this real threat was called in.   I was able to drop Andrew off at daycare (a separate building) but was unable to enter the hospital.  Of course, this has to be cold, wet rainy day for the employees to be standing outside.   Now, logic says that really how often does a bomb threat turn out to be more than a threat....almost never.  But now, well, my kiddo is in the vicinity.   So before I dropped him off I told him out much I loved him and we prayed that Jesus would keep us both safe.  Then when I still couldn't get into the hospital, I went back and played in his classroom for a little while after calling my office to tell them where I was.
 
Anyway, within 20 minutes or so, the all clear came and we heard they had someone in custody.  I gave Marc a call since it was all over the news.  And now things seem to be settling down a bit over here.  Although it is going to be a BUSY one for me.  I am covering phones now, so there is not much I can do when the phones aren't ringing.  But the work is piling up and as soon I'm done here, I will be running around like it's nobody's business. 
 
Not a whole lot going on tonight.  I think Marc is going to his Uncle's to go fishing, so it's just Andrew and myself tonight.  I need to work on some projects and we need to get milk after work.  Other than that....that's about it.   Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...