Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Coo Bu - WhiTe Bu

We survived our weekend. It was good, but it was busy. We had our little get together Friday evening. It was really nice. Lots of pizza and laughs. Almost all the guys worked together at one time a while a go, so much of the evening was them rehashing stories that they've told a hundred times already, then laughing all over again as if it were the first time they heard it. We never did get around the carving the pumpkins, so we have 4 of them on our front step that we don't know what to do with.

One of the couples spent the night, so we were up late (Marc was up REALLY late due to a friend to play video games with). Saturday morning, we just kinda hung out in the morning, then us girls did a little shopping where I bought Andrew's Halloween costume. It's too big (they didn't have his size), but too great to pass up. So I bought big, and he can wear it from now until next year, since it's really just a decorated pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. He will be.....

SUPERMAN!

He already has some superman jammies that are so stinkin' adorable. But they are shorts and a t-shirt. Much too cold to wear to his fall party at daycare next week. (plus getting a little small). PLUS, with his dark features and fearless leaping nerves of steel ...he just looks like a little superman. It even had a cape! So I need to somehow take the pants up a bit before then.

Saturday night, we really didn't do much of anything. Worked around the house a bit, but pretty much just vegged. Sunday was church in the morning, then we had the Dressler's over for a nice roast lunch. We played a little cards before they left and the girls won!! (We get teased all day long by them about how the babies are sucking our brain cells - which sometime I think is true - and yet we beat them!) They left and I caught a quick nap before our sitter came over and we went to our community groups for church.

All this week, except for today, I am working all day downtown. Now, you need to understand, that not only is it a much longer day, but the downtown office is crazy busy. Like where you don't have time to use the restroom or even return a call. And it's like that from 8-4:30. So, by the time I leave there, I am wiped out. A day here or there is ok, when someone calls in sick or something is ok. But this will be full week (Since I am there next Monday, too). I'm not a big fan. But...it's extra cash on the check, so I'll grin and bear it.

This morning, we had a doctors appt for Andrew, I am at work now (covering for someone who went home sick - so I will get home late), then I get to dash home hopefully in time to meet our sitter at the door, drop off Andrew and get to Spanish class. I am assuming we will have Taco Bell for a late dinner, since that seems to be the way Tuesdays go.

One thing I have learn over this weekend, is to be careful how I correct my child. On the way to work, we see many buses. City buses, school buses, and white buses (many are shuttles or handicap assessable, etc...) For a long while, (well, still is) Andrew is infatuated with school buses. He can identify them as "coo bu" But then, every bus became a "coo bu". So, I would gently correct him by saying, "White bus". So most of the ride is him saying "Coo Bu!" and me responding either, "Yes!" or "White Bus". On Friday, for the first time he actually corrected himself after identifying a white bus as a "coo bu" and even emphasized the "t" in white. "WhiTe Bu". I went crazy...clapping and cheering for him. So now...every bus we see is "Coo bu - whiTe bu"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...