Friday, October 28, 2005

Sorry you have to read about this....again!

This (again) has got to stop.  Once again, Andrew was up last night.   After rocking both upstairs and downstairs and laying back down, he once again finally ended up in our bed.  I tried to just let him cry after my first attempt at putting him back down, but when he still wasn't asleep after an hour and had worked himself up pretty good, I finally elbowed Marc and he went to retrieved the boy.  

 

But, at this point, he had worked himself into a little fit, so when Marc laid him in our bed, he threw himself back - head first, right into my nose.   It was excruciating.  I sat up immediately and tears were just a'flowing.   Marc saw it and was convinced that he broke my nose.   He didn't, but it still hurts pretty good this morning.  I was half expected two black eyes when I woke up.

 

SO - the kid is having a frustrating week.   Ok, I can deal with that.  But THIS week of ALL weeks?  C'mon!   We are exhausted!  I know the kid is, too.   Since he's been losing a couple of hours a night, then going strong (and I mean strong - his daycare teacher said he put in 20 miles yesterday pushing a dump truck) from 7:30 until at least 5 when I pick him from daycare....with no slowing down in site until bedtime.  I can tell in the way he is acting the evenings that he needs more rest.   So...what's the deal.   And each night, I am more and more convinced that he is feeling fine - he just wants company.   Hence the reason I'm trying to let him cry - but we don't sleep that way either, so might as well have him in bed, where we sleep at least (poorly - but still sleep).   AUGH!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...