Sunday, October 2, 2005

He Ate Broccoli!

First of all, I am not sure what got into my son today, but he’s was a good eater! He is usually a good eater, I should say, but not a healthy eater.  But today was great. And I am very excited!   First of all, for lunch, I attempted to make cheese/broccoli/mushroom mini quiches.   My first batch (a really small batch) came out ok, and little man scarfed them down and was even asking for more “yummy”.  Imagine….they even had broccoli and mushrooms in them!   I have to admit, they were pretty good.   Then I of course, I tried to make the rest of the batch and they bombed….totally bombed…not edible.   So that was a HUGE bummer.  Wasted ingredients and time….but there is hope!   I got my guy to eat some veggies!!   Then for dinner he ate two helpings of applesauce AND some turkey lunchmeat!     We then treated ourselves to some popcorn while snuggling up to Monster’s Inc.   And before his bedtime, he got his glass of milk and one Oreo to wrap up a nice day.

It’s been a nice weekend so far.    I didn’t get my Quizno’s yet, but we’ve eaten pretty nice.  Probably too nice.  One of Kari and my ex-roommates and hubby were in town for the weekend.   So, Friday evening, we spent the evening at the Dressler’s who were babysitting our ex-roommate’s kiddo.   We ordered Chinese and played some cards once the kiddos went to bed.  

Saturday, I got up and went garage sale-ing a bit with the ex-roommates.   I only bought some baby monitors for $3 but eyed a nice rocking chair and a double stroller.   Andrew and I came home and napped while Marc went back over to the Dresslers to watch the HUGE and very exciting Michigan/Michigan State game.  When we came home, we went back out to look at the chair and stroller and ended up picking them up for some good prices.  Not sure if we will keep the stroller for ourselves (I doubt it) or give it away (most likely).  But it was too good to pass up and we have enough people we know who do or will have two or more kiddos close in age.  But Marc is super excited about the rocker.  It’s just your basic heavy wooden rocker.  It’s definitely used, but for the price we paid…we like it.

Then we all met back up with yet another set of roommates for dinner at Ruby Tuesday’s.  The food was great, but Andrew was so squirmy and distractive, that it really wasn’t very enjoyable for Marc and myself.   A bummer as normally he is pretty good.   He really wasn’t bad per se…just very attention needing.

Today, as I mentioned already, was nice.  Marc took off this afternoon to his friend’s on the other side of the state to watch football (and the Vikings crumble).  So it was just Andrew and myself.  He took a nice long nap, I got cleaning done, we went for a walk and just hung out.  

The next week is promising to be busy busy, so if you don’t hear from me much…that is why.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

Marty said...

That's amazing. I won't even eat broccoli!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...