Thursday, December 15, 2005

Approx. 10,440 days ago...

Well, today is my birthday and I am not nearly reflective about this year as I was last year.  Yes, I am another year older and yes, it's fun day where I get my way pretty much the whole day...so that is good.  But other than that...it's another day.  I did make Scotcheroos last night to bring into work today.  Well, 'cause I LOVE them, but unless I have an excuse to make them and take them somewhere, I will eat the whole pan by myself until my teeth hurt.  And I splurged and bought mint chocolate chip ice cream at the store last night for dessert tonight.   That is, if there is room for dessert.  Marc and I always celebrate our birthdays at a steak restaurant Rio Grande that gives you a free dinner on your birthday (has to be on the actual day).  We couldn't afford this place otherwise.  It's really good and you're practically full before the main course ever shows up.  So we usually will get a lunch out of the leftovers, too.
 
And (something I get excited about that you will probably think I am nuts) today is grilled cheese and tomato soup day at work.  Yes, in the cafeteria.  Yes, I am excited about cafeteria food.  I usually don't buy my lunch at work at all...except on grilled cheese and tomato soup day.  It's like they knew it was my birthday or something.   :)
 
Last night, after work I had an eye appt.  I am desperately low on contacts, but wasn't allowed to order more until I got a check-up.  An apparently there is a reason for vision insurance.  $109 for an eye check-up.  Wowzers.  I will be ordering the contacts online like usual, so that will save me a little.  Then, since Marc had the boy (they went out to Burger King for dinner then did a little birthday shopping), I went grocery shopping.  So, none of us really got home until around 7:30 last night.   Just in time to make bake some spritz for the boys (yes, it's become a nightly thing with them ready to bake in the freezer) before Andrew's bedtime.
 
Have any of your played Sudoku?  It's a number puzzle that I have become addicted to.  You can find it many places online, but I prefer websudoku.com.  I just discovered the game 2 days ago.  I print them off and keep them in my bag with a pencil and during down time (or anytime I can sneak a few minutes), I play.  I can't seem to stop. 
 
Oh, and I can't seem to stop eating these Scotcheroos!!    But, I'm allowed...it's my birthday!
 
 

4 comments:

Sykes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! its my friend shanice's birthday as well 2day.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

Jen & Gary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! LOVE YA!
~JEN

Jack's Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...