Monday, December 5, 2005

Rants and Raves

Ok, we are starting this post off with a rant. You see, for Christmas Andrew got a little money from his Great Grandma and Grandpa from Iowa. So we used that money to buy him a new winter coat/snow pants combo and some gloves. The thing is we really debated the size. Should we get a 3T? It will be too big, but a 2T may not make it through the winter, etc, etc, blah, blah. Anyway, he's been wearing the coat, which fits him find. A little big but fine. But today after a bunch of snow fell; I decided it was time to put on the snow pants and THEY BARELY FIT HIM. There is no way the will fit him all winter. And these two pieces came as a set! And why, in general, is there such a gap between 2T and 3T pants anyway? 2T fit, but just fit, but 3T seem huge on him. Ok, done with this rant, and if you don’t have kids that probably seemed especially boring.

Ok, another rant (it’s my blog, y’know). Today I found out we have a 7am meeting downtown on Friday. This normally wouldn’t be a big deal except that it’s a Friday, so Marc has to be in the office early and won’t be able to watch Andrew. So I will have to take him to daycare at 6:30 am. Then, I have a dentist appt later that morning and working for a co-worker in the PM. So Andrew will be daycare from 6:30-4:30. Long day, but do-able. But, we have Marc’s Christmas party that night, so we will get home, be super busy trying to get ready ourselves, get Andrew fed, etc, then Andrew gets watched by a sitter the rest of the night. Poor guy. I thought about canceling my dentist appt and picking him for the few hours between my meeting and when I have to be back at work. but it really doesn’t make sense to do that. And I might as well, get in my dentist appt while I know he has care. Will just make for a LONG day for both of us (besides the fact that Friday’s are usually exceptionally busy anyway).

Ok, now onto a rave. My flex daycare missed paying me a check from late October. For some reason that I can’t possibly figure out, I didn’t miss this check. And it’s a decent sized check. Well, anyway, I realized it this weekend, and after checking into it today, and re-faxing some paperwork, we will be getting this check later this week. Now, we were due this money to begin with, but it feels like bonus money since I missed it first time around.

Another rave. Tonight Marc took me out and got me my Christmas present early. You see, I’ve been eyeing a type of shoe for a while since I took this job where I walk a lot. But they are very expensive. Well, now that I am pregnant, this whole walking (and carrying probably more that I should at work) takes a toll of me. So, Marc was going to get me gift certificate for the shoe place since I would never actually go out and buy these shoes myself. (I mean, I buy my shoes at Kohl’s and Payless). But after whining about my feet again tonight. Marc packed us up and didn’t take no for an answer, told me Merry Christmas and I got new shoes. AND they were on sales $35 off!! And want to know something else? We even ordered another pair in brown (since I wear brown 80% of the time anyway. I get a discount working at the hospital. We didn’t have to pay for those today. They just order them, and they we can decide when they come in whether we want them or not, so we went ahead and did that.

Like father like daughter. Tonight, shortly after just pulling off a pan that I cooked hamburger in, I grabbed the burner that the pan was on. And yes, I burned my hand. Now, not as bad as my dad did when he decided to “see” if a burner was hot my touching it and left burner rings burnt into his hand. Mine is not nearly that severe, but it doesn’t feel good either. As soon as Marc found out about it, he said, “Good one, Paul”. (Paul is my dad).

Then later tonight, after we ate our dinner of homemade pizza (with hamburger), Marc was to bring the laundry up from the dryer and put the leftover pizza away, while I give Andrew a bath. Well, I was upstairs with Andrew and Marc was downstairs with the laundry and our dog was in the kitchen, licking off the toppings of our whole other pizza that was on our counter. Marc came back up to find one guilty dog and one naked pizza crust. If it weren’t funny, I would be really bummed about the loss (it was a whole pizza - lots of lunches for this week were lost!) Marc didn’t find it very funny and Rocky did get in mighty trouble.

Well, Andrew was a grumpy pants tonight, very clingy and whiny. I didn’t help that he didn’t take a long nap at daycare or that due to our errand we didn’t eat dinner until 7:30. Way past when his little tummy told him he was hungry. He kept saying, “high chair, high chair”. Which means, “Feed me! Feed me!”.
We had a nice Sunday. We had church in the AM, and then just stayed home the rest of the day. I did a lot more baking and got quite a bit done and checked off my to do list. This week looks like a busy one too. Tomorrow, I have an OB appt in the morning before work. Thursday, I have to be a work early for a holiday luncheon thing and well, you already know about Friday. Plus, I would like to try to get most of the rest of the Christmas shopping done this week, but then again it might have to wait until next week. No big deal. Well, I practically wrote a novel, so I am done for tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys eat a lot of pizza.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...