Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Who says December is stressful?

Warning:  More Whining to Follow:
 
Let me tell you about my morning.  No wait, let me first tell you about my night.  You may be thinking, "But, Kelli, you already told us about your night and how crummy it was" and to that I can say...."But wait, there's more." 
 
While waiting for Marc to get home, shortly after I posted my last post, I decided to finish a tag blanket that I am making.  I should have went to bed, but it was 90% finished, I just had to zip around the sides with the sewing machine.  4 short sides, 4 short stiches....5 minutes tops and then off my brain and checked off my list, right?  WRONG!  45 minutes, 4 seams ripped out, and a few unkind words later, I was finished.  And I must say, it is not my finest work.  
 
Marc finally gets home around 11pm last night and he's understandably not a happy camper.   He gets online with the 'new' computer to find out that there is NO word processing or spreadsheet programs.  Obviously no Microsoft Word or Excel, but not even the generic Works program...nothing he can open his work files with.   And the geek from the "Geek Squad" specifically stated (before he held Marc hostage for 1.5 hours longer than planned) that there would be a free 60 days trial on the laptop with Microsoft Office.   Now it's 11:30-ish, and Marc has a important meeting today that can NOT be rescheduled since the lady only works on Tuesdays (must be nice) and he would like to get this sale in for the month of Dec.  Fortunatly, we do have our moody desktop downstairs, so not all is lost, he can e-mail his files downthere and work, but he really SHOULD be in the office to finish them.  Anyway, the whole thing put us over the edge, and Best Buy will be seeing again him/us today and obtaining an earful!!   I am just thankful that Marc decided to run Andrew and I home in that little break....or we would have all been waiting with him until 11pm with the promise of just 10 more minutes.
 
Then, it's midnight and we finially get to bed, but can I sleep?  NO!!!   I find out that Sudafed (the only cold med. I can take being pregnant) to me is the equivalent of 11 shots of espresso.  My body is tired, and I am tired but hours (yes, hours) later, I am still awake.  Very frustrating.  Needless to say, 6am rolled around SUPER early this morning.  And I still feel crummy from this darn cold.  Andrew was NOT ready to face the world and need to bring his pacifier and both B's with us to school today.  I tried to get him to leave them in his crib, but everytime I tried to take them away, he would hold them up by his face, cock his head and this little sweet voice would ask, "I hold it?". 
 
We get to our bus lot with plenty of time to spare and fortunatly there is a bus already in the lot waiting.  Woo Hoo.  So I pull into my spot, get ready to pull little man out and the but leaves.   CRAP!  So, now we have to wait for the second bus.  Well, I am not about to get Andrew out of the car in 12 degree weather, so we sit in the car and wait.  A good 5 or so five minutes later, when the bus comes, I run out of the car to flag him down and he zooms right by.  So I am practically yanking Andrew out of his car seat (with his B's and paci), grabbing my two bags and running (yes, I know bad idea in snowy weather) carrying all of this, yelling at the bus to wait as he makes his loop.   I figure he'll stop at the other side of the loop...which he does...long enough for me to get just behind the bus....AND HE LEAVES!!!!   So, now I am far from my car, I've just ran with kiddo and bags all the way across this lot.   You are kidding me!!  I go over to the security speaker and call them and tell them that I have been left TWICE now, I am pregnant, I am have my toddler outside in 12 degree weather and I need a bus there now (this is inbetween grasps for air after the running and while holding back tears).  They were very apologetic and sent a bus right away (who was a different driver and also very apologetic).  We are now 10 minutes late for Andrew to eat breakfast at school - fortunatly they were kind and still made a plate for him AND I realized that in my mad dash to get everything out of the car, I left my coffee.  My fresh full hot cup of coffee.  Did I mention that I don't feel good and I am exhausted on top of all this?
 
So I splurged and stopped at the hospital coffee shop and got a nice decaf hazelnut latte before heading to my office.  Augh - only 7 more hours until I can go home and crash.   If you made it this far in the post, thanks for listening to my vent.  Hope your day is going better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...