Thursday, December 1, 2005

My house will reek with silliness.

My son is a genius.  The other day as I was trying to get Andrew and myself out the door and off to work and daycare, Andrew started adamantly pointing in the direction of the kitchen saying "Eese" over and over again.   I kept asking him what he wanted, thinking cheese or please...but I couldn't figure it out.  Finally, I tried to distract him and state that we had to go bye bye and lets go outside.  But he wouldn't give up the pointing and the "Ease!  Ease!".   Finally, he walked over to our little key rack by the fridge and pointed up to it, "Eese!  Ease!" meant Keys!!   He knew we were leaving and therefore were riding in the car and therefore Mama needed her keys and therefore she must get them from the key rack.   Talk about some comprehension.   This was above and beyond merely identifying what a key is.   And the funny thing is, is that we don't talk about the keys and I actually hardly use the key rack since I clip my keys to my bag.  And in this instance, I had already started the car to warm it up and didn't need my 'ease' anyway.  Maybe, it's just because he is my son, but I was impressed.
 
Another thing that tickles me is his memory.  When we drive to work, there is one little hill we must drive down on the way.  And once, a long time ago, as we went down it, I said, "Whee!".   And now...everyday, regardless of what we are doing, as soon as we hit the hill, Andrew will say, "Whee!".  I never remember, myself, but he always knows when we get to it.  
 
Can you keep a secret?   I sold my first tag blanket over the internet this week?  I officially mailed it out yesterday.  It was black fleece with footballs on it and black tags.  I would say that I am open for business, but since I haven't been keeping up with my "unofficial" website, not one person has visited it in like months.   I bet you couldn't even find the site if you were looking for it.  Oh well, at least I can say my handiwork will make a nice Christmas present somewhere in Philadelphia this year.
 
Well, our Christmas tree is not up yet.   This weekend is my self imposed Tree Due Date, but I was hoping to get it up earlier this week.  Unfortunately, we been busy each night, just keeping up with our own house after being gone, that we haven't been up for additional work, such as the tree.  And I highly doubt that tonight will be the night, either.  I think I am going grocery shopping after work, then I have Bourbon Chicken thawing the fridge.  I have a long to do list (not Christmas tree related) to do and of course...it's good TV night.   So, I'm pretty much writing off the tree for tonight.
 
And, in case you are of the observant nature and noticed that my little baby ticker up top has changed, I should make it official.   The ticker colors have changed from rainbow to blue for a reason.   Yes, that is right.  Andrew is having a baby brother.   I will be totally outnumbered.   The energy my son emits is already astronomical.  I can't imagine what it will be like in our home, once baby #2 is his age and he is almost 4.   My house will reek with silliness and I will love every minute!
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...