Monday, December 19, 2005

"Best Buy?"....how about "So-So Buy."

What an evening. Today started out fine. I felt crummy, but I called in sick, Andrew slept in, we took it easy, got in naps and everything was fine (that is except I felt crummy). Until about 5, when we decided that yes in fact it was time to take our defective laptop back to Best Buy to get it fixed. We've needed to for a while, but finding the right time to give up something that is used so much everyday is not that easy. But it was getting worse and worse and it's time had come.

So I worked on burning important files onto a CD (especially for Marc's job since this is also his work computer). After an hour of working, many failed attempts and no burnt CD....um...frustration was high. Plus we were supposed to be at our friends for 6:20 haircuts for the boys (who look adorable by the way). No idea why the I couldn't get the files to burn...who knows. Anyway, we left our friends and went to Best Buy....and an hour or so later we were all set to walk out with our 'important' data backed up and a loaner (a.k.a. they charge your card then refund it when your computer gets back in) laptop. However, they had to 're-format' the loaner since it was a floor model. It should only take 30-40 minutes. This was at 8:00. Well, we really hadn't had dinner, it was close to Andrew's bedtime, I was exhausted and again feeling pretty crummy, so Marc decided to run us home and he would come back for the laptop. I just called him (at 10:00pm) and he is STILL waiting for the laptop. He's been told 10 more minutes multiple times.

Now, I have mixed feelings about Best Buy. On one hand, when you buy their service aggreement, they do for the most part take pretty good care of you. We've had to use the service aggreement on other Best Buy items before like my digital camera. However, why do their products keep going bad so that we have the buy the stinking agreement to begin with? So, anyway, I am sure Best Buy is getting an earful from my normally mildly mannered hubby, since he was frustrated with them BEFORE he went back to pick it up. Poor guy.

So, I am at home, trying to get everything ready for tomorrow since I have to drop off kiddo at daycare at 7:30am. I am SO not looking forward to tomorrow. It should be a light day, but it's still all day and I think that if I weren't covering for someone, I would call in sick again. I hate colds. They sounds so minor, but can really take it out of you. (Oh yea...I'm pregnant and can take practically nothing to relieve the symptoms).

Ok, enough of me whining for one night. Here's hoping hubby gets home soon without ringing anyone's neck.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...