Saturday, December 17, 2005

He is his Father's Son.

It’s Saturday evening and both the kiddo and I are under the weather. Nothing major, but he’s got the coughs that normally don’t bother or slow him down one bit, until he lays down, then he coughs himself awake. He was up many times last night and slept in bed with us a good portion of the night. Currently, he is in bed with dada right now watching the Pistons. Well, dada is watching the Pistons and Andrew is supposed to be sleeping. But the kid gets very excited and says “Pitons” and loves it when he hears the “Detroit Basketball” chant. He is his father’s son through and through. I myself have a sore throat, and a sneezy nose and just kinda feel crummy. Church might be iffy tomorrow. If it were just Marc and I, it probably wouldn’t be a problem. But I hate putting Andrew in a nursery with a bunch of other kiddo if he is sick. Which again… I am not sure he is, he just has this cough that creeps in when he is trying to sleep. (Which he wouldn’t be doing at church). So we’ll see.

Anyway, last night we had a nice dinner of Rio Grande leftovers, then Geoff came over, I played some more Sudoku and we watch Signs once kiddo went to bed. It was pretty good, but I struggle with any even remotely scary movie.

Today, we worked around the house most of the day…. wrapping presents, cleaning, laundry, etc…. Then we got all ready to run some errands when we found out that the Taurus had a flat. Really flat. So, Marc went to Meijer and got an air compressor so we could get to Discount Tire where they told us that it was not patch-able and we had to buy a new tire. So well, $100 and an hour later, we were on the way to run our errands. We returned a few items to a few places, took back our first Christmas present to Andrew and bought a different one (plus it was $15 less). If you promise not to tell him, I tell you what we got. We took back his mini trampoline (it was too big for him not to totally love it). So we instead got him a little table to hold a train set or blocks or whatever. It has a little drawer in it. Ok, well, I guess you don’t have to be super secretive about it since it’s sitting right in the middle of our living room in it’s box.

Then we went to a furniture store to look at bunk beds, but weren’t impressed with what we saw. So we came home, made some popcorn and now you are up to speed. I am watching the Sound of Music right now and will be heading to bed here real soon.

Well, if you are reading this and you were at the Steiner Family Christmas – sorry we weren’t there and I hope it was a great time. And mom, you were right… the party was today at 5:00 at your house. I had to go back and check to invite to make sure you weren’t crazy, because I was convinced I was right.

Ok, I am heading to bed. G’night. (Only 8 more days until Christmas).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...