Friday, December 30, 2005

I never claimed I had this parenting thing down...

Well, yesterday, Andrew still felt icky and slept until about 6pm.  Then his fever broke, and he slowly started to come alive.  He ate a little dinner and acted more and more like himself as the night went on.   So, who in the world knows what that was all about.   Too weird.  Most of the time I waver for quite awhile before calling the doctor and then it's something that needs addressed.  This time I was SURE that he needed attention and didn't hestitate to call....and what do you know...it's a 36 hour bug of the day.   :)  Just bummed he had to go through it all for nothing.  His fever stayed gone and he slept all night (after being up for only 3 hours).  However, he still had to go the "Rainy Day" Day Care today since his fever was in the last 24 hours.  Rainy Day is a wonderful place with wonderful people, but he's not fond of it.   Both the place and people are unfamilair to him.  They are not his regular teachers, friends, or classroom.   So he was very hestitant to let go of me this morning.  It didn't help that it was 7:20am and he was still sleepy and clingy anyway.  However, once the teacher put "Little People" on the tv, he was fine.  He sat on the couch with his paci and "B" and didn't even notice when I left.  Hopefully, Marc will be able to pick him up early today.  I am also hoping to get out of here early today, too...but I am not holding my breath.  :)
 
We are mostly packed up and ready to head to Ohio after work save a few things that we couldn't pack until today.  I am really looking forward to it, and so thankful little man is better.  I was dreading traveling with him in the state that he was in.    
 
Today has been CRAZINESS at work.  This was busier than a regular busy day, plus I am covering for someone....so I've been hopping.   Pair that with the last couple nights of little sleep and I just may nap on the way to Ohio. 
 
Well, I probably won't post again until after the holiday.  So have a safe and wonderful New Years!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...