Saturday, June 4, 2005

And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk...no, wait..I would only walk 1 mile....to CONE CITY, BABY!

Saturday...Could you use it in a sentence? On Saturday, I am going to the zoo.
Saturday...Could you give me the definition? The seventh day of the week
Saturday...Could you give me the origin? Latin
Ok, Saturday....S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y!

Phew!

Ok, so did you hear about the national spelling bee championship? This kid, Anurag Kashyap, won by spelling "appoggiatura". What in the world? And he is only in 8th grade!! Turns out that appoggiatura is a musical term meaning "An embellishing note, usually one step above or below the note it precedes and indicated by a small note or special sign". That's one extra cirricular activity I am glad I did not participate in.

Today Marc got up early and headed down to Uncle Art's to fish. So Andrew and I hung out at home. We didn't do too much in the morning. But after Andrew woke up from his first nap and had lunch we walked down to Cone City and split a Jr. Cup of twist ice cream. (Which didn't seem like much after a mile walk in the hot sun and with still a mile walk home). So then we just played outside in the sprinkler with bubbles and a ball until Marc got home. It was time for Andrew's nap #2, so we all rested for a while until dinner time.

We had 1 leftover peice of chicken from last's night great dinner, so we had chicken salad in homemade tortilla bowls. (trust me...super easy - throw a tortilla between two bowls in the oven for a few minutes and cool). Anyway, it was really good. Got another big thumbs up from Mr. Picky. I was told to make it more often. Thanks once again, Kris.

Not much has happened tonight. The Pistons are on and it's a Win or Go Home scenerio for them, so we have our fingers crossed. (although so far they are doing pretty good). We got little man in the tub (he needed it desperately after peanut butter, sunscreen, and applesauce.) And we are sweltering. It's very hot and we haven't turned the air conditioning on yet.

Oh, and I officailly listed one of the tag blankets on Ebay. We'll see how it does. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...