Thursday, June 9, 2005

Oh, you SOOOO have to hear about this.

Ok, if you read any past posts you know that I posted a tag blanket on Ebay. Even made a website for them. I've Googled "tag blanket" before and found a couple sites you can get them, so I didn't think much of it. Well, my Ebay tag blanket was doing pretty good. It still had 2 days to go with 6 bids already and was up to $8.11. THEN.... I get an e-mail from Ebay saying:

We would like to let you know that we removed your listing:

8309731200 Tag Blanket - Soft & Soothing for Babies & Toddlers NEW

because the intellectual property rights owner notified us, under penalty of perjury, that your listing or the item itself infringes their copyright, trademark, or other rights. We have credited any associated fees to your account.

We have also notified the bidders that the listing(s) was removed, and that they are not obligated to complete the transaction .If you relist this or any other similar items on eBay, your account likely will be suspended.

If you believe your listing was ended in error, or have questions regarding the removal of this listing, please contact the intellectual property rights owner directly at:

Taggies, Inc.
e-mail address removed by Kelli@yahoo.com

So, apparently, this Taggies place makes these blankets and NOBODY else can. What in the world? So my listing was pulled and I can never list it again. I think it's crap. Not even so much that I am out the $8.11 (or more), but that they went to Ebay to tattle on me for something I didn’t even know I was doing or even think is wrong (but what do I know?). I didn’t reference “taggies” in the ad, plus I totally claimed it was “homemade” and that “I wasn’t a professional seamstress”. In fact, there is STILL another listing by someone else on Ebay for their homemade tag blanket. However, this other person had 4 originally listed and now only one is listed…. so maybe “Taggies” got to her too. Even so, then why three of the four pulled? Makes no sense.

Who knows, maybe I should advertise my tag blankets as forbidden contraband and jack the price up? Can you tell I’m a bit irritated? It will pass soon, but I just happen to be logging on to blog, when I got the e-mail and Marc is out of town, so you get to hear (read) me gripe.

Anyway, on to a lighter note… Andrew turned 15 months today. And today was a busy day. We had our product testing this morning tasting crackers flavored as baked potatoes. They were pretty bad and we both like baked potatoes. Andrew wouldn’t eat them. Not sure why they would market that to toddlers anyway, but again…what do I know? Then my neighbor came over and gave me a facial and tried to hard sell me into becoming a Mary Kay rep. I looked great though!

When Andrew got up from his nap, we went outside and played in the pool for a while. Then we got somewhat cleaned up and hit four different day care centers. Oh, big praise… Andrew got in at the hospital day care center! Woo Hoo! The only thing is, they can’t get him in until the last week in July. So that means, we will be need childcare for 5 weeks (3 full time and 2 part time) until then. Anyway, we visit all the centers and go through the tours and get the packets, etc, etc, etc… THEN…Marc decides that he doesn’t want to put Andrew in a center and thinks that we can find care for him for those five weeks between all the people we know. AAUUGGHH. I love him, but what a MAJOR headache that would be. Prayer would be appreciated.

We get home and Andrew goes down for a late nap #2 and I get a few things done before Laura comes over to baby-sit and I head to a meeting at church. I got home around 9:30 and Andrew was wound tight! So we played outside with our neighbors for a bit before I put him to bed WAY past his bedtime.

So, now I am just hanging out, getting ready to go to bed. Marc went to Detroit and is watching Game 1 tonight with Ryan Sischo. (Current score as I type: 2:14 left in the 3rd, tied at 49). Go Pistons!!

Ok, despite my griping, today was really a nice day and not bad at all. You just caught me at a bad time. Try again tomorrow. Have a nice night!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...