Saturday, August 27, 2005

Airplanes are L.O.U.D.

J’ever have one of those days where…the more you sleep the more tired you are? That is today. I think the last three days caught up with Andrew and I because he let us sleep in today until 10! Ten o’clock! I know Marc got up twice just to check on him. Then finally we woke him up. We didn’t want him to get too far off his schedule.

Then I set up him with waffles, Sesame Street and daddy, and I went garage sale shopping. I didn’t find much of anything. Got a few jeans for Andrew that I think might be too small for him now that I bring him home. Darn it…there went that buck. When I got home around 12:30, Andrew was back down for a nap and slept for a solid two more hours! Wowzers. We had one tired boy on our hands. Meanwhile, Marc and I just lounged around, ignored the mountain of housework that needed to be done and packed up a few things so that when Andrew did finally wake up we could go on a PICNIC!

Yep, after deciding that we didn’t have much food in the house that is pack-able (i.e.: lunchmeat), we hit Taco Bell (I know, shame on us) and took our tacos to the airport observation park. It’s just a parking lot off a hill off to the side of the airport runway. It’s got picnic tables, trash bins and port-a-potties. Andrew loves airplanes so we thought this would be perfect. We set all up and got our food out just as a big plane is getting ready to take off. And boy, I forgot how loud they are when you are that close. I look over and our son has this terrified look on his face that lasts about 1 second before tears and sobs come. It scared the poor kiddo so badly. Marc and I couldn’t help but giggle a bit as we consoled him. For each plane after that, we made sure of us was holding him, and he would watch up until the plane got really loud, then just hug us really tight and bury his face against us. Once the loudness was gone, he was fine and would wave at the plane and say “bye bye”. The last few times, Marc would just sit him on his lap and cover Andrew’s ears and he seems ok. Funny. But we took our football and Andrew’s basketball and played in the grass between planes. It was a little windy, (yes, I was chasing taco wrappers everywhere) but really enjoyable.

We got home, and I was ready for a nap. I went up and laid down for an hour or so, when I came back down, Andrew was sleeping again, hard. We finally woke him around 7 since bedtime was in less than 2 hours. So got him some dinner, played for a bit (we put pillows on the ground and Andrew jumped off the first step onto them) and now…. at 9:05 he is back in bed.

Tomorrow is church in the AM, then after lunch and naps we are going to trying to head to Grand Haven again with the Uelands. Hopefully it will be nice and we can walk the beach and pier with the kiddos. Ok…have a nice night.

1 comment:

Jack's Mom said...

Oooohhh! I love Grand Haven! Fun memories there. Hope you have a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...