Wednesday, August 17, 2005

SUCKER!

Well, we got all our errands ran last night and boy, did it take awhile.  Andrew did so good with me poppin' him in and out of the car and in and out of the carts and up and down the aisles.   We hit Aldis, then Sam's where we had a variety of samples they were giving away.   And..get this...we bought diapers and I SWEAR they lowered their prices?  Who does that?!  Not that I am complaining one bit...I am very impressed.  They have been out of their diapers for the last couple times we've been there, so I've gotten another cheep brand (but still more expensive)...but they had them again...and WOWSERS!  Boy was I excited!  kinda sad I get so excited about diapers, huh.
 
Then we hit Taco Bell, where my son thoroughly dissected a soft taco - no lettuce.  He did manage to eat most of it and probably would have finished it if we had two more hours to kill.  He was in a good mood and was just being so silly.    Anyway, we then headed to Meijer to finish up our grocery shopping.  I told myself at one time that I would NOT be on of those parents that give in to their child seeing something and begging until they get it.  Well....  I was that parent today.   And the sad thing is, Andrew didn't even beg or put up a fuss.  You see, this is what happened.   Andrew had a battery operated Elmo toothbrush that he really liked and this weekend it broke.   So I was shopping for a new toothbrush for him and I wanted to stick with battery operated.  Well, there is brand A on sale that I am looking at and pondering when all of a sudden Andrew spots his Elmo toothbrush.  It was just standing there all bright and shiny in it's new plastic wrap.   All I hear is "Elmo?  Elmo?  Elmo?"  (everything Andrew says currently ends with a ?)  Anyway, I give in.  It was a couple bucks more but I've rationalized it this way....
  1. I didn't like that the sale toothbrush's head was a little bigger than I thought would be good for Andrew
  2. It WAS almost 7:30 which means I had been dragging Andrew around for 3.5 hours and pretty much taken up his whole evening with bedtime an hour away.
  3. Obviously, I want him to like his toothbrush and like brushing teeth (although the sale brand was a whale and cool looking too)
  4. And here is the kicker... on the Elmo toothbrush was a sticker that said inside was a toll free number you could call and talk to Elmo (which we've already done a couple times)
Ok, lets just call it like we see it - I'm a sucker.    We checked out, Andrew got a quick ride on the penny horse and we headed home.   By then I was tired.  I got the cold groceries put away, played with Andrew a bit and that's about it for the night.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...