Sunday, August 21, 2005

Mini Get Away

Well, Marc and I decided kinda last minute to blow off our big exciting evening plans and head down with Rocky and Andrew to Uncle Art's cabin. (Sounds like a book). Marc goes down there quite a bit and I've talked about going with him, but it's never been a big draw for me. I've been there a couple times before but for some reason I didn't really remember it right. I was pleasantly surprised when it was REALLY nice! I don't know what I was picturing, but this was nicer. We really had a fun time.



We got down there around 7 and Marc started fishing from shore while Andrew and I just played outside. Andrew and Rocky L.O.V.E.D. it there!! Andrew drove his truck around the entire site. Rocky felt sweet freedom as he was free to roam and smell all new smells. While Marc was fishing he caught two little fish, so we put them in a bowl of lake water for Andrew to watch. The cabin is near a small airport so planes were constantly taking off over the water and Andrew would point and wave and say “by by” every time. So cute.


Then Marc worked hard at starting a fire, which was very difficult since it had rained that morning. After burning our entire bag of recycle paper and an hour later we got a fire going and got the hot dogs a’cookin. No sooner as I was just finished with my first dog and Marc was working on his first, the rain just up and came and drenches us and put out our hard earned fired. We had to make mad dashes in and out of the cabin gathering all our stuff before it got soaked. It was rather funny.


So we finished our hot dogs in the microwave, ate dinner on their porch and got Andrew to bed. It stopped raining so Marc went back to fishing and I read my book (which I forgot there – darn it).


This morning we got up and had waffles and sausage for breakfast then went back outside for more playing and fishing. After giving the cabin a good cleaning and wipe down we were back home around 1:00. We were only gone about 18 hours, but it was a really nice get-away.

I took a nap when I got home and Marc had his fantasy football draft. (Hard to believe it is that time already). Well, we have plenty we need to do tonight, so I will get going.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...