Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Stifle that laugh

Today seemed like a crazy day. I got a call this morning about 10 asking if I could work downtown this afternoon rather than in my regular location. This doesn't seem like a big deal but.... it means that I need to drop off Andrew a tad early but need to pick him up about an hour late since I'll be working until 4:30 rather than 4 plus a 1/2hr. drive. This gives daycare a next to nothing notice. And to top it off, there was a conference in town where some-thousands and thousands were going to attend, so traffic was expected to be craziness. When I got the call, Andrew and I were on our way out to Sam's. So now, we were really pressed for time if we still go...which we did. On a good note, it really didn't go that bad, just kinda made it hectic, especially since working downtown is already really busy. (Did that paragraph make sense...I felt like I was rambling).

So, Marc got to go to this conference along with half the state, I think. I would have like to go. It was a Get Motivated conference with a lot of big names. Rudolph Giulliani, Tom Izzo, Zig Zigler, George from The Apprentice, Suze Orman, Jerry Lewis and more. He said it was good.

So lately, in the evenings, Andrew is going through this thing where he is super fussy. But not like not-feeling-good-fussy, but more like, deliberate fussy if-you-even-think-about-not-giving-me-100%-of-your-attention-I-will fall-down-on-the ground-and-produce-real-tears. It's very frustrating. And it's only in the evenings. In the mornings, or when we play outside, he is happy happy happy and self content if I am playing with him, or he is playing by himself. But come evenings...buddy...watch out. However, today, Marc asked him if he wanted a time out and he shook his head yes. We both had to cover our faces while we tried to stifle a laugh...then promptly gave him his time out, which he took tear free.

Anyway, like I mentioned, we do have a magical fix to Andrew's fussiness and it is spelled O.U.T.S.I.D.E. Just mention the word and he repeats it over and over (in a way you would only understand because you just said it yourself) and runs to the door. So, we played outside for a while in the pool. It was nice out and we visited with some neighbors for a while. AND...a police car was driving by so we were all waving vigorously and they flashed their lights and hit their sirens for a quick seconds for us. Very exciting.

Well, we haven't been motivate to do much around the house today, so the place is looking pretty bad...put that on my list of things to do tomorrow. Well, I think that's it for today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...