Sunday, August 7, 2005

Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

Not a whole lot to post about, just wanted to check in. Today was a nice, but hot day. Really too hot to play outside until about 9 tonight. We went to church this morning, which again was really good, but I must confess, I had trouble staying focused today. My mind kept wandering all over the place. Then we came home and hung out a bit. I made breakfast burritos that turned out ok....they are not my favorite meal. We then headed out to run some errands. We hit the pet food place so that poor Rocky (I'm still mad at him) won't starve since we were scraping the bottom of his food barrel for his breakfast. Then we hit Walmart since we didn't have enough diapers in the house to make it through the day. We picked up a few other odds and ends that were needed and headed home. Oh, but not before we hit Gander Mountain for Marc. He didn't get anything, but got to drool over some fishing rods.

Other than that, not a whole lot happened. I got to take a nap again today. Love that! We picked up the house a tiny bit and now I'm just getting my stuff ready for tomorrow. It's going to be an early one since I need to be downtown by 8 and have Andrew dropped off at DC by 7:30. Ugh! Getting myself ready and getting little man ready to head out the door that early is not an easy task. Especially since I'm NOT a morning person and will not have had my coffee yet. The good thing is that Andrew gets breakfast at DC so that's one less thing I will have to worry about.

Speaking of daycare, this week's theme is Rhymes. So Andrew gets to bring in a rhyming book. Now, if you know me at all....ALL of our books are rhyming books since I am a HUGE Dr. Seuss fan. However, I am picking one of my lesser favorites, simply because the book is simple, there are not a lot of made up words (something that tends to show up in Dr. Seuss books and maybe not the easiest for kiddos who are trying to learn new words), and Andrew seems to have taken a liking to it. So he's taking Hop on Pop to school tomorrow. My personal Dr.Seuss favorites are in no particular order (I tried to order these, but just couldn't) 1. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish 2. Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? and 3. The ABC Book. Oh wait, add number 4. Fox in Sox. But I really truly love them all...thanks to my mom who read them to me when I was but a wee tike.

Ok, ok...for not much to post, I wrote a hefty post. Pray for us this week, as I am working a lot. The working part is fine, but it just makes the time at home craziness. Thanks and have a great week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...