Friday, August 26, 2005

Beware of Domestic Leaks

Today, work lasted forever. I was SO ready for the weekend. I may have to reconsider saying yes to working 3 full days in a row again. It took a toll on us. Oh, and the extra money I earned, was gone because I was no mood to cook dinner and gave in to Burger King. Plus it made Andrew extra fussing and clingy and I caught myself trying rush around and rush him, which just makes him frustrated and frazzled. Boy am I glad it's the weekend. (Did I mention I work all day on Monday, too?)

On a good note, Marc had his first sale today since he started this new job. And it was a pretty good one, too. So he was just beaming all night and talking my ear off and making me listen to his congrats voicemails, etc... So we did go out and celebrate by hitting Applebee’s for dinner. Andrew was a little less than an angel since he hardly ate at daycare except for “lots of milk” his teacher said. And he refused his early evening 'rest'. (I don't call it a nap, because we like him to lie down for about 1/2 hour when we get home. Often he doesn't sleep, just talks or plays in his crib, but it helps him get through 'till bedtime without being so cranky. Well, he just cried tonight.) So by the time we got to Applebee’s he was very hungry and very tired. Thankfully they give out balloons… this helped for a while. Once his food did come, he just played with it. Little stinker.

After dinner, we went to the small mall to play a bit in the play area.... but due to a "domestic leak" (no kidding - that's what they called it...when we asked what that was we were told a diaper exploded), the play area was closed and being cleaned. So we walked for a while, Andrew played on a little ice cream truck that you put quarters in, but we didn't put quarters in, and we watched the skateboarders at the indoor skate park. Then all the milk that Andrew drank that day made it's appearance and we had the closest thing to our own 'domestic leak' that we've had since I think he was breastfed. Wowzers. It was awful and I had to use all my travel wipes. It was a doozy.... took all I had to keep from gagging. I am thinking maybe it was a good thing the play area was closed, or it could have been MY KID that 'caused it to be closed.

So, on the way home, Andrew is happily playing with his balloon, when all of a sudden the air goes out of it. It didn’t pop, so I am not sure if he bit it or poked his fingernail through it or what…. but it deflated quickly. And the tears came even quicker. It was the end of the world for our little man. If it hadn’t been late enough that it was bedtime as soon as we got home, I might have considered hitting Meijer on the way home and picking up another one. It was quiet sad. Especially since I have a memory of being at the fair when I was little and accidentally letting go of my balloon and remembering how devastated I was. Fortunately, he recovered eventually and I bet he’s not even thinking about it now. Oh yea…he’s sleeping.

Well, I am going to head to bed here shortly. I am planning on going garage sailing tomorrow. Marc said he would keep Andrew at home for me. Waffle maker here I come…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...