Tuesday, August 9, 2005

And to think...I was thinking about starting a small garden.

Where do I begin? First of all, Marc is out on the boat with the guys tonight, so it's just me and little man. So we pick up and $5 pizza for dinner 'cause there is no way I am heating up the house for just the two of us. (Plus when it's just the two of us, the $5 pizza goes a lot farther...I got me some lunch for tomorrow).

We get home and eat dinner and Andrew seems fussy...not terribly, but not my little angel either. But it progressively gets worse and he starts tugging on his left ear. Pretty soon, he is vigorously rubbing his ear non-stop and flat out crying. Not the "I'm tired" or "I'm hungry" or "I'm mad" or "I just need attention" cry. This is a "Help me, Momma, I'm hurting" cry. Of course, we have no baby meds in the house. (I knew this, but did I remember to pick some up when I went shopping last time? Noooooo....)

So I pack up my man, complete with pacifier and blankie and tears and we drive to Walgreens. I felt so bad as he just keep alternating between whimpering and all out crying and rubbing his poor little ear. He didn't seem to have a cold at all, so I am not sure whether his ear hurt him, itched really bad (you know that itch that is in your throat), whether he fell and hit it today or what? Walgreens is pretty close and with traffic and stupid Michigan lefts takes about 10 minutes to get there. I pull into the lot, grab my purse and realize that I don't have my wallet. I have no cash, no credit cards, nothing on me. I carry my purse in a backpack while at work and when I picked up the pizza I must have missed the purse when I threw my wallet in my backpack. I wanted to cry. I start the car back up and we head home. About halfway home, Andrew really starts getting upset. Normally, his crying doesn't get to me, but this was a different cry and for the moment I couldn't do a darn thing to help him.... so it got to me...and I started crying. So here we are driving down 44th street both bawling. It was lovely.

I get home; run in grab my wallet and head BACK to Walgreens. Well, to wrap it up, we get to Walgreens have trouble finding the children's Tylenol while holding a crying child, pay and get home. I give it to him and just try to comfort him for the next 45 minutes. We tried to rock and read and we tried to watch Sesame Street, finally I lay down with him in our bed. He wiggled and squirmed and whimpered for about 20 minutes, then was out cold. It was only 7:45pm.

I wait a while then sneak out from under him and head down stairs to start working on the house. I decide that I am going to make some zucchini bread with some zucchini someone gave out at church. I got the oven preheated and all the ingredients together and mixed and I'm getting ready to shred the zucchini. I cut it in half to find out that it's a CUCUMBER! AAUUGGHH!!

Fortunately, I had a little bit of another zucchini in the fridge was able to use that. But truthfully, I am not in the mood to clean anymore. Nope, that window has passed. In fact, if I had some I would say a margarita would sound good about now.

Ok, I am going to go. Please pray that whatever was going on with Andrew tonight was a tonight-only thing and I won't have to think about the 'sick' daycare tomorrow morning. (I am covering for someone all day tomorrow and Friday, so taking the day off is out of the question.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...