Saturday, August 20, 2005

Sticky Waffles

Apparently waffles NEED oil to turn out just right. I thought I would healthify them by substituting applesauce for the oil. Um.... not a great idea. They'll work and they're edible...but they are not nice and firm and but flimsy and sticking to the waffle maker something fierce. I have to spray non-stick spray between each batch which is probably adding all my oil right back in. Oh well. This waffle making has become a bimonthly thing around here. Andrew and I love waffles with peanut butter and syrup. Still looking for my garage sale steal of a 4-waffle maker for $4. Not sure where I would put it in my kitchen, but then I could whip out my couple dozen+ waffles in no time.

This morning, Andrew blessed me by sleeping in (or at least not making enough of a fuss) until 9:00. It was nice! However, when Marc brought him in and told me it was 9, I realized that we were supposed to be at a product testing at 9. Shoot! So I call quick and we were able to get into the 10:00 testing. So we have our oatmeal, get ourselves ready and head out. It was veggie crackers and they weren’t bad, but they weren’t great. Definitely had a grown up taste to them. I didn’t mind them but Andrew did not like them. At least he tasted them. Yesterday we went to a testing of puddings with fruit and I couldn’t even get him to try them. Granted they were pretty bad.

After the crackers this morning, I hit a few garage sales (looking for my garage sale steal). It had rained and was still threatening, so there weren’t many out…and I didn’t find anything worthwhile.

Right now, I am posting & finishing up the waffles, and Marc and Andrew are napping upstairs in our bed. I think today is a work around the house day. I have a lot I want to get done today, especially since I am working practically a full-time week next week. 3 full days, one regular day and one day with a couple extra hours. I think they are actually considering hiring another ‘float’ person…someone to just pick up hours when needed, such as when people call in sick, take time off etc, since I am the only back up for 6 positions, but then my position needs backed up, since it’s becoming really busy.

Yesterday was my busiest day E.V.E.R. at work. (this was coming off the slowest day at work). An average day is around 7-10 transfer requests. A busy day is around 13-16. My busiest ever day before yesterday was 19…. yesterday was 26!! AUGH! I was practically running and truthfully was a little stressed out. I had to call daycare and tell them I would be late. I knew the day was going to be busy…but I had no clue that it was going to be THAT busy. Holy Cow.

Last night, we had homemade pizza and the Dressler’s came over. The girls beat the boys in Euchre and we had Oreo Shakes that the boys had to make since they lost. I think tonight Kari and I (and maybe Kelly) are going to scrapbook. I haven’t scrapped much of anything in what seems like forever… I have a lot of catch up on.

Ok, this post turned into a novel. Can you tell I am procrastinating actually working? Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...