Sunday, February 6, 2005

Gedunk Run

Well, here it is, Sunday morning, and we are playing hooky from church. Which is a huge bummer, because Marc and I really wanted to go. But, I would be sneezing and coughing over the congregration and thought it best to stay home today. I think I might be feeling a little bit better as I was MISERABLE yesterday. My nose to close to being rubbed off.

We really didn't do much of anything yesterday. Marc played raquetball in the morning, we took a short walk in the afternoon, just to get out of the germ infested house and enjoy a bit of extremely missed sun. Then we just laid around the rest of the day. Marc still has a touch of it, but it feeling much better, which gives me hope.

Then last night, he said he was going to Meijer to bring back dinner. He came back with some steaks, french fries, Oreos, vanilla ice cream, teddy grahams for Andrew, and Pepsi. I can't say that I promote this type of shopping on a regular basis, but it was sweet. Closest thing to a "gedunk run" in a long time. (Gedunk Run = trip to store soley for the sake of buying junk food, such as before a slumber party).

So we started with the fries as an appetizer...baking them (more healthy) with cheese and bacon on top (canceled out the healthy part). I dipped mine in ranch mixed with ketchup (negative again). Then we broiled the steaks we had marinating (great recipe). They were really good. Then after little man went to bed, we had Oreos. I opted for a simple glass of milk to dunk, Marc chose to break his into his ice cream. We watched "What Women Want" on tv and headed to bed. Nothing too exciting.

Tonight we really don't have big plans for the Super Bowl. We've been invited a few places, but we'll just see how I'm feeling. I hope you all have an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...