Wednesday, February 9, 2005

What happened??

He's 11 months today and I won't accept it! No...it can not be. He can not be rounding the corner to a year. I refuse to believe it.

It could not have possibly been 11 months ago today that I woke up with labor pains that were mild before they got bad...then worse...then horrible. Things got worse until a little boy was laid on me with the biggest brown eyes just staring at me with a schmooshed up face. Then things got really bad while waiting for a doctor with the worse bed side manners imaginable. Then... after some drugs...things were fine. Just fine. I finally had my little baby boy who I thought would NEVER come. AND NOW HE'S 11 MONTHS OLD! What happened?!!??

I know for all purposes, he really is a little boy now...but when he turns a year...then it will be official. What happened to my baby? The one I could just sit and hold and snuggle? Now he's on the move...go, go, go. So many things to do, to see, to get in to. Busy, busy, busy.

Ok, I admit, he is still good for many hugs throughout the day. And his laugh just melts my heart. And his silliness never stops surprising me. And I could watch him and Daddy chase each other back and forth across our house all day long.

I guess I really can't complain. Babies are hard...11 month olds are a blast. And I wouldn't have traded a minute of the last 11 months.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

AAAWWWWWWWW.....tear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...