Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Two for the Price of $0

Quick Note: The messy picture I mentioned in my previous post is now down below.
We've been on the move this morning. We had product testing at 9:00. And for the first time...all the samples were BAD! Maybe because we were testing dinner samples in the morning, but all were pretty gross. And not just in flavor...texture, consistancy, color, etc... Because we were testing first thing this morning, we didn't eat breakfast before we came either.

Our plan was to go to the testing then head to the mall to play a bit. Well, we got done with the testing early and since it IS Fat Tuesday, and we were't exactly thrilled with our samples....Andrew and I took a field trip to Krispy Kreme. We went in and watched the dough go through the process of rising, frying, flipping, and getting iced. We even saw some get a topping of chocolate before plopped in some sprinkles. We get near the front of the store and a worker offers us a free donut. (He actually offers both Andrew and I one, but I thought we could just share one). So, we sit and Andrew has his first Krispy Kreme. (First Oreo yesterday, first Krispy Kreme today...I do feed him veggies, I swear). Now, I am not sure what to do, since we only came in for one donut and have now eaten one for free. I feel like I should buy something. So I go to the counter and ask for one donut to go. Another worker reaches back and just hands me one (with their little paper holders) and says that I can just have it. I ask if she is sure and she is. So we got TWO donuts for free today.

Moral of the story: If you go into Krispy Kreme with the intention of just buying one you can get away with two free. JUST KIDDING! The real moral is that thier workers are nice to thier customers. (Am I considered a customer since I didn't buy anything? I let you ponder that).

Then we head to the mall, and Andrew plays for a while in the play area. When finished we shared our second donut before walking the mall a bit. (Had to burn some of the donut off), before heading home. He was totally pooped and is sleeping now. So I need to get to work around here.

Have a great Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...