Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Throw it all in a blender...

I got to scrapbook tonight FOR ME! All for me. Sounds selfish, I know. But you see, I made these picture calendars and another small scrapbook for Christmas presents, & while I am glad I did them, they took a lot of time and drained my creative scrapbooking juices. So, I really haven't scrapped since like October. Tonight, Jen and Kari came over and I got a page done. Yes, it is one lone page, but it's done none-the-less and I like it! AND....due to this blogging thing I got going one...the journaling was already done. (If you frequent this blog at all, you'll recognize both the journaling and the pictures.) I'll post the page below.

Well, last night I made Enchalata soup and beer bread and we had some friends over. It was really nice. I accidently bought green chile enchalata sauce instead of the regular sauce....and it was great!! Will be doing that again. It was just as good again for lunch today. (It's a hit with Andrew as well).

This morning we had church and again...Andrew was zonked when we left. I brought him home and laid him down. Marc was in bed (he is under the weather with a nasty cold that is threatening the health of the rest of the household). Anyway, I crawled in for a little nap myself. (Did I not say that when Marc is home, I get nothing done?!). So anyway, and HOUR & HALF LATER.....I wake up, almost panicked that I haven't heard from my son. He was still sleeping and woke up about 15 minutes later. Essentially he slept from 11:45am until 2:15pm. And I got a nice nap. Of course, I had that groggy feeling for a while afterward and didn't get nearly the chores done that I had aspired to do during the day. I just managed to do the bare minimum to have the house presentable for Jen and Kari. Andy came over with pizza after work for us.

So, Andrew has a new tooth and I'm chalking his fever a few days ago up to that, since I have no stinkin' clue what else it could have been. That's five...count 'em...five teeth for the DrewMan. However, I've been on this kick of making him smoothies for his lunch. He just learned to drink through a straw a day or two ago. So, I can get him to eat a half carton of fruit yogurt, a half banana and some juice, if I throw it all in a blender and put it in his cool cup with a straw. Plus, he can be mobile and doesn't have to sit in the evil constraining device of a high chair. He seems to like it and seems to fill him up. Then I just push veggies and protein for dinner. Well, tonight, he didn't really want the carrots that I offered, but was more than happy to accept the pizza that Uncle Andy was offering. Although, Andrew responded in kind, by offering to put Cheerios in Andy's mouth for him....sometimes AFTER they had been in his own. (In unison now...."Eeeewwwwweeeee!!!")

Ok, Ok, I'll wrap this up. Tomorrow, we have a dessert testing, I want to hit the library, and get my to do list from today and tomorrow done all in time for good TV. So, night, y'all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...