Tuesday, February 1, 2005

I am a MOP

I went to MOP's today! And I liked it! (Mothers Of Preschoolers). Our church has it and even though I knew about it, for the longest time I thought your kid had to be in 'preschool'...but preschool means before any school...so that means me. We met our old small group leaders (they are not old) last night at Chili's (MY FAVORITE!) and she goes and invited me to come along. So Andrew and I got up and about this morning, and even had enough time to hit the grocery store before heading to church.

By the way, Andrew is feeling much better and back to his old happy silly self again, thankfully. He is sleeping right now. He usually naps around 10 or 11ish, so when we go the church in the morning... he is totally wiped out and usually is asleep before we get out of the parking lot. (I am having de ja vu...if I have written about this before, forgive me). Anyway, so it's 1:21 and he's been asleep since about 11:45. In fact, Marc was home for lunch, so I dropped Andrew off and went and hit Aldi's already.

We have company coming over for dinner tonight, so I am making Enchalata Soup and Beer Bread, by request of my hubby. Mmmmm...good choice. So, I really have a lot to do...clean the house, work on dinner, and come up with a dessert that's simple and easy using what we have on hand, since I didn't think about it while I was at the store.

Well, Marc started his first day of work yesterday. We have really been blessed. You see, normally an employee would have to go to NY his first day for training for 10 days. But Marc's training doesn't start until the 16th of this month. So rather than not have him start until then, his boss let him start yesterday...even though there is like NOTHING for him to do. In fact, his boss told him to kinda come and go as he pleases during this time. It's rough for Marc because it makes for long boring days, but it is really good for us overall. 1) We will get an extra and much needed pay period in 2) benefits will start earlier 3) he will be able to study before going to NY and hopefully have a leg up to pass the test at the end of the training and take some pressure off.

Then get this...while I was employed at Charter, I participated in "Healthy Expectations" through our insurance program when I was pregnant. So anyway, Andrew is almost 11 months, right? AND, I don't even work for Charter anymore.... but I get this letter in the mail from them yesterday congradulating me on the birth of my baby and telling me about a toll-free number I can use if I have any questions the first 6 weeks postpardum. AND, as a thank you for using thier program, they sent me a Babies R Us gift card for $50 off a purchase of $50 or more. So pretty much it's a free $50 as long as I use it all at once. How cool is that?!!

Ok, Andrew is up and probably hungry...so will get going.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...